Monday, April 18, 2011

Reasons to celebrate





Today is a very special day in my life...... no, it's not thanksgiving day, but it's a day that I like to think about all the GREAT people who have influenced me, shared with me, loved me, and have comforted me! It is my birthday and yes, I've had SEVERAL, but I never tire of celebrating my day this way. Of course, my mom and dad are on my mind....I think about the young parents that they were when they had me. The love that I always felt from them, even today they're just a thought away. My Rick......the love of my life! Growing up together in many ways ! Just trying to keep up with him keeps me on my toes. Making a family together , is really all the "gifts" I ever could have wanted...Chad, and Missy, I cherish all the lessons I continue to learn from you by being lucky enough to be your mom! Thank you too for bringing Selena and Jason into my life ! GRANDBABIES...oh my..I feel like my heart is ready to "BURST" ! Such wonderful times ahead !!

Friends.....well, I TRULY have been blessed ! Diana...who gives freely and with all her heart...and her family....Debbie, quiet lessons , quick to hug and listen...

A favorite birthday memory to share: long before the days of precious little notes and pictures from Chad and Missy when they were little, I have a special birthday memory. It was my 21st birthday and my brother, Ryan (16 yrs old at the time), wanted to take me out for a special birthday dinner. He had just gotten his drivers license, had his first job and had saved $ for this special dinner. He took me out for Lobster dinner, ordered my first drink . It was a memorable birthday, one that still brings a big smile to my face all these years later!








So today, my day is filled with gifts of many wonderful memories ,and thoughts of all the people who continue to make my life a very blessed one ! I have so many REASONS to be so happy on my birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Roxi! I remember that story about Ryan. You sure have a special place in your heart for him. You have a special place in your heart for everyone, in fact. You are so kind and good to everybody who knows you. I love celebrating you! I am looking forward to a fun night! See you soon! (It's so fun to be down the street for your birthday!!!!)

    ReplyDelete