Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Big Chill

Another Great , BIG CHILL weekend ! Four couples, great friends, gather together to relax, catch up with each other, make some crafts, play yard games, float in the river, hike and have camp fires (with s'mores of course)! We've been friends for 25 years and, for me, I look forward to this event even more each year.




This year we hiked up to the "lookout" across the river from our "camp" (cabin). It definitely was a "breakfast burning hike". We had to get a picture of us all making it up to the top. Debbie stayed back at the camp to prepare for our craft activity.





Rick ferried us to the opposite side of the river to make the climb.





Another challenge once we were on the top of the look out, was to hit a golf ball as far across
the river as possible. Dave showed us the way !





What a great view ! We all decided that the climb was worth it !





We used team work in getting UP and DOWN that crazy climb ! And there was question
as to which way to the trail ?





A serious floating session or two was definitely called for! The temperature was perfect and made the river very inviting !




It was a great time...How lucky are we to have such great friends, who have such great times,
TOGETHER !




I couldn't help myself.... I just love this picture of these guys that I just love !!!



3 comments:

  1. Great, great post, my friend!!! All I have to do is link my blog to yours!!! I am posting today! Thank you, thank you! It is a wonderful trip every year, a trip that is fun and relaxing... ahhh so nice!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your camp name! I'm sure everyone always wants to Linger Longer! Very cute picture of the whole group with the sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read about your trip at Diana"s blog and then I saw your comment there I thought I would come over to say hi as well.

    Your adventure sounds so awesome. Good friends are priceless, aren't they? I live outside of Philadelphia in montgomery county. So nice to meet another PA girl ; )

    ReplyDelete